For the second consecutive year, Glavcom Blog, Blog about Ukrainian armored vehicles, conducts annual determination exclusive TOP 5 best enterprises in the field of armored Ukraine on the results of the last year that has passed.
In 2017 Glavcom blog, Blog of the Ukrainian armored vehicles to determine TOP 5 best armored enterprises of Ukraine by results of 2016 drew Ukrainian experts versed in the subject field of armored Ukraine.
Based on the expert opinions of independent experts who agreed to participate in the survey, providing their own independent expert evaluation was formed only consolidated the TOP 5 best armored enterprises of Ukraine by results of 2016 according Blog Glavcom. The results are shown below.
According TOP 5 best companies according cupola blogs, blogs about Ukrainian armored vehicles, one of the best business model armored sector of Ukraine in 2016 recognized RPA “Practica”, which topped the charts consolidated rating.
According to the blog cupola in the top 5 best Number of enterprises Ukraine uviyshy armored sector enterprises included in the structure of the State Concern Ukroboronprom. Second place was taken by the state enterprise Kyiv armored plant, the third – the state enterprise Kharkiv Machine Building Design Bureau named after AA Morozov fourth state enterprise Kharkov armored plant. For the amount of points ranked fifth private company LLC “Engineering Group “Arey”.
Glavco Blog welcomes groups of enterprises taking the first five places of rating honored and recognized the result.
Independent expert assessment Glavcoma – RPA “Practika” (1-st)
I believe that against the background of the results of all other armored enterprises of Ukraine, Ukrainian armored privately owned company RPA «Practika» on the results of 2016, in my opinion, showed the work of armored flagship industry of Ukraine.
Why do I think so?
My opinion try to explain below.
1. On the main achievement in 2016, shows that in RPA “Practika” formed a strong team of associates and non-random people. The team results, which are aimed at achieving a single, specific, holistic result.
2. Due to successful and efficient work during 2016 led to draw the attention of the Department of the Ministry of Defense weapons Ukraine. In late 2016 began testing decisive armored Kozak Kozak-and-2M.1 2M.2 to determine in the future the Ministry of Defense Ukraine feasibility decision on the Armed Forces armored vehicles Ukraine this series.
The results of the 2016 RPA “Practika” managed to move away from the already hardened punch that clearly emerged in the subconscious of the public end of 2014 early 2015 this company – that RPA “Practika”, the manufacturer of armored vehicles only for units of the National Guard of Ukraine and the State Border Service of Ukraine, and not able to supply armored vehicles to the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, which imposed more stringent requirements for the protection of personnel than Ukraine National Guard units.
Transmission test for determining Ministry of Defense of Ukraine armored Kozak-2M.1 and Kozak 2M.2 RPA “Practika” proved otherwise, that this company is able to attract attention, interest, and to test possible to organize production and supply of armored vehicles, if Ministry of Defense of Ukraine decides to make an appropriate order.
And away from this outdated as demonstrated RPA «Practika» – a false stamp.
His achieved consistent results, the RPA «Practika» was able to clearly and unambiguously declare that since the fall of 2016 RPA “Practika” – leading developers and manufacturers sector tactical armored vehicles with axle (4×4) and with RPA «Practika» you need to consider and RPA «Practika» need to focus as serious player on the market of armored Ukraine.
We can clearly state that the main market players armored Ukraine on the results of 2016, will now take on another and seriously consider the achievements of the RPA “Practika”.
3. RPA “Practika” did not lose time, not sprayed forces and their limited working capital to develop and piece work useless layouts of two – three – four (and so on to infinity) combat units as, for example, during 2016 made some public armored company.
Forces and working capital spent, and the effect is useless and is close to zero.
RPA “Practika” followed by another, more pragmatic way – teamed with PAT Cesare proposed market – adapting to the armored car “Kozak-2” lightweight combat module “Willow.”
4. The market has offered three of its new developments that deserve attention – armored vehicles, Kozak 2M-in versions – 1) Kozak-2M.1 (for GVA), 2) Kozak-2M.2 (for STS); 3) Kozak-5 (for artillery).
According to the BCG matrix I tend to attribute armored “Kozak-2M.1”, “Kozak-2M.2”, “Kozak-5” to the class of goods – “Stars”. I believe that these products near future RPA «Practika».
5. When the target program of the US Embassy in Ukraine has fulfilled an order for the production of armored vehicles “Kozak-2” and supply armored trucks MAZ “fortress” to equip the National Guard units Ukraine, ensuring the protection of Ukrainian nuclear power plants.
Given the sad Ukrainian realities, no new major developments of the SE KMDB, against serious attempts of pilot production batch of ten TKBM “Dozor-B” at Lviv armored factory for Armed Forces of Ukraine, performance RPA “Practika”, simply amazing.
According to the Boston Consulting Group matrix in military goods sector RPA “Practika”, I am inclined to attribute armored “Kozak-2” to the class of goods – “cash cow.” For these products – is present RPA “Practika”.
According to the BCG matrix in the military sector of products of RPA «Practika», “I am inclined to attribute armored CPM-1” Kozak “and” Kozak-001 “(prototype Kozak 2014) to the class of goods -” lame duck. ”
I believe that the RPA «Practika» is to manufacture armored car series “Kozak-001” should gradually withdraw.
6. adopted in 2016 participated in defining departmental tests to determine the best armored car based on comparative performance criterion “quality-price” for adopting units of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
7. For the first time in the history of independent Ukraine and first among companies, both private and state-owned RPA “Practika” was held trials armored vehicle “Kozak-2” to undermine the mine to determine the stability, recovery and safety for the crew in the middle of life armored vehicles. And it’s all organized by their limited running costs.
8. Presented market two new prototype armored Ukrainian “OTAMAN” of the axle (6×6) and (8×8) versions machinery fire support and self-propelled mortar.
For most subjects armored markets such bold and unexpected presentations RPA “Practika” in 2016 declared itself clearly, confidently and resolutely came out in armored vehicles production sector.
What both allow RPA “Practika” to become the second in the history of Ukraine private enterprise that has developed with armored axle (8×8) and first among enterprises of all forms of ownership that has developed in the metal of armored axle (6×6).
The negative factors of RPA “Practika” include the following:
1. Absence for 2016 major orders from National Guard units Ukraine for the supply of armored class ICAP series “Kozak-001” / “Kozak-2”.
In 2016 the RPA “Practika” was duly National Guard units Ukraine count only 5 to 6 armored Kozak series, which so far have been made by its own working capital of the company.
2. Invalid positioning armored RPA “Practika” series “OTAMAN-8×8” as deep modernization and physically obsolete Soviet BTR-60 / BTR-70. I do not know, maybe it’s one of the nice subtle marketing moves RPA “Practika” so as to enter into a niche orders for modernization of armored personnel carriers BTR-70 in which today dominate and are – SE Nicholas armored plant BTR-70DI / BTR-7 and SPC “Tehimpeks” with BTR-70T / BTR-70TA, followed by displacement of the latter, or with a significant reduction in their share in this market sector armored vehicles Ukraine in the coming years.
I believe that the series of armored OTAMAN, «Practika» from a marketing point of view, it should be positioned as the new Ukrainian armored vehicles with the borrowing units and chassis components of BTR-70. In my view, this interpretation is not at all contemptuous anything, but only just meets as technical level which is currently our industry.
Inclined to believe that in that interpretation for «Practika»’s have the opportunity to RPA «Practika» with the right marketing campaign to promote the construction of data samples to foreign markets arms and receive orders from foreign customer provided further improving the design of prototypes of new Ukrainian armored series “OTAMAN”.
According to the BCG matrix military goods sector RPA «Practika», I am inclined to attribute armored series “OTAMAN” to the class of goods – “Difficult children” or “dark horse.”